Sunday, February 22, 2015

Chief Lone Wolf acrylic sketch by Texas Hill Contry Artist Juli Koroly


This sketch of Chief Lone Wolf was done  as the third in a series I am doing of the most well known and influential American Indian Chiefs. I have spend years  in my life  studying  and being fascinated by the culture of these first American.  I believe that the genesis of this passion was begun when as a child I heard the family story  of how  my Grandfather had met Chief Sitting Bull. My grandfather was a surveyor in the west and it was during his time there that he met the Chief. I have tried to find evidence of their meeting but have never been able. The truth is I did believe it as a child and it sparked an interest that is still strong today. 

Chief Lone Wolf
acrylic sketch
Juli Koroly


No comments:

Post a Comment