Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Horse 38 Under the Old Oak Tree by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2014

Horse 39 Under the Old Oak Tree
9 x 12 inches Oil on Canvas.
Available Paintings by Laurie Pace 

The paint seem to travel in the left direction on this horse painting. The wrap of color in the purple on the left side was puzzling at first. There is a strong red pull diagonal through the painting. 

When I first started carving the horses out, I only had the two. But I knew quickly the purple was a tree and living in Texas it had to be a Burr Oak Tree. They love the climate here.  Then the second horse appeared and I took pictures and sent them through Photoshop.  It was empty but I saw the rump of the third horse in the background.  Back to the easel for the addition of the third pony.  The paint is seriously layered on this painting. The texture is amazing on it's own.  


So think of this painting as a hot summer day in Texas with horses gathering around the old oak tree in the pasture. You now know the spirit of the painting. 


Terry and I are waiting for a delivery.  Not a new grandchild but a new tree for our front yard. The rains last week kept them from bringing it and planting it. Yes it is a Burr Oak. I seem to have trees and shade on my mind. The front porch heats up to 135 degrees in the afternoon sun and I am way done with that. We are putting up a natural shade barrier and I cannot wait for it to arrive.  Pictures will follow.



For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.  Romans 8:14


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart



Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS



© Graphics One Design 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment