Friday, September 6, 2013

In the Moment by Pamela Blaies


Dauntless Allure
oil on linen
6" x 6"

This painting was inspired by a hostess on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We were having lunch at the restaurant she worked. Her expression and the way the light was hitting her just took my breath away. I snapped a few photos. I went and asked her if she minded that I took her photo for future artwork. She seemed flattered and happily consented, but her expression changed from self assured confidence to bashful awkwardness. Thank goodness I got the photos I wanted before she was aware of being photographed. It is exciting to capture a moment!

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment