Saturday, April 15, 2017

I Stand Alone Poppy, by Melissa A. Torres, 8x8 oil on canvas


I finally was able to use my wonderful Christmas gift, a Nikon camera, to take photos of something other than my paintings this week. On a short trip to Wildseed Farms in Fredericksburg, TX, I took lots of photos of beautiful poppies including this one.  What a great trip it was, spending 3 days in a workshop by Nancy Medina, with the evenings free to explore the wineries and restaurants of this beautiful little town which I love so much. It was nice to get out of San Antonio for a few days of painting and R&R.

This was the first painting on my own in oils after attending the workshop. It was interesting to use elements I learned at the workshop while applying them to my own style of painting. I made a conscious decision not to spend too much time on this one and not use as much detail as I normally do. I have already noticed a change in how I hold my brush. 



To see more of my work visit www.melissaatorresart.com.
Follow me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment