Sunday, November 13, 2016

Wedding Day Couple, by Melissa A. Torres, 18x24, acrylic on canvas



This painting was a commission from a gentleman who had previously bought a painting from me. Like me, both the bride and groom are from New York, she of Puerto Rican descent (like myself), and he of Panamanian descent. The reference photo was of the two of them dancing on their wedding day with his uncle in the back playing the conga drums.  I first planned on painting it almost exactly like the photo, but I decided to remove the background so that they would be the only subjects in the painting. I also added hints of orange and yellow to the background because I felt this couple was just way too fabulous to have a neutral background, as I originally had painted it. They were both very pleased with the painting and have asked me to do another painting for them.

To see and purchase my work, please visit my website www.melissaatorresart.com.
Follow me on Facebook.

I do pet commissions of all sizes: Here are a few recent  3x3. Each comes with a small easel to display your furry friend.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment