Saturday, September 24, 2016

Aussie Anzac..Pastel.. Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



I wish I had gotten this old guy's name when I took his photo many years ago.( 30 years at least)

I was teaching in the country area of Bathurst in NSW Australia.

I had a flex day during the week I was there, so I drove to the wonderful and well painted old gold mining town, of Sofala.
Characters abound here, and they are very friendly folk. 

This gentleman was sitting sunning himself and rolling a cigarette, when I asked him if he would mind if I took his photo, he replied.

"She'll be right mate! I get asked that all the time" (FYI ...In Australian, this means..okay!)

So I did, and I am only just getting around to doing a serious painting of him now.Well what can I say, I've been busy!

This is a pastel on velour paper.
14" x 19.5" unframed.

$500 plus S/H Prints of this image and more of my art are available at Fine Art America:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/aussie-anzac-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Or..




Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment