Thursday, March 3, 2016

New "Texas Splendor" Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley at the Good Art Company

"Texas Splendor"  ©2016 Niki Gulley
30" x 48" textured oil pai. on wrap around canvas

Inspired by a trip to the Texas Hill Country, we were greeted by this gorgeous view of the rolling landscape and wildflowers in full bloom. Then, to top it off the sun was setting in the distance casting its golden glow and backlighting the wildflowers. I had to capture the magical moment, enhancing the kaleidoscope of colors in the sky and along the ground. Arranging clouds, the road and rows of bluebonnets in rhythmic sweeping shapes create a harmonious scene that flows with light, texture and color,.

For more information on Texas Glory and more of my Texas hill country landscape paintings, please see my new works at the Good Art Company Gallery, goodartcompany.com/gac/. I am honored to be one of their featured artists this month, and I hope you can visit with me at the artist reception on March 4th.

To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment