Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Suspended In Blues...Pastel over Acrylics...Abstract..Texas Artist...Rae Andrews


I'm Back!!!! So sorry for my absence.. I have been tripping around, and just got home from Maui and a vacation with my dearest painting buddies.
Great fun and lots of Chi Chi's for some of the girls, whom i will not name !!!  Hee hee.

So this is a small addition to my abstract pastels I had been doing a while back.
I love doing these ones, so to break back into painting again I thought I would hop into this series again for a while..

SUSPENDED IN BLUES  began with free flowing inks on a pastel surface.
I then  made these wonderful bell shaped flowers come into focus with negative painting and pastel overlays. 

I had photos of these flowers from Maui. Have no idea what they are called, and I have stretched the realism a lot to fit with my design, so I will forgive you for not identifying them.I do know they supposedly are poisonous and bloom at night.. or that is what I have been told.

This image is a 6" x 9" image and can be yours for $125 plus S/H !!




                          Prints of this image can be purchased through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/suspended-in-blues-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true




Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews


or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment