Friday, September 4, 2015

Coastal Edge...Acrylic Seascape...Texas Artist...Rae Andrews


I had a few smooth gesso boards in my studio and decided to test the waters (excuse my pun) with acrylics.

I have to say I don't love this surface, it's way too smooth for me, I prefer some tooth to the substrate. However a challenge is always good for us, is it not?

I am an intuitive artist and when I paint any kind of waterscape, I generally make the up image.
I sometimes have a photo to get me started, but they will never be the same as any reference. I feel so long as I capture the 'essence' of the photo I am fine.

I will often do some work prior to actually painting the subject, on my IPad with a stylus, and see what I can 'nut' out.. This is the result.. I hope you like it.


This image is an 8" x 8" acrylic on smooth gesso board

$125 Plus S/H

Prints of this image and more of my work are available at Fine Art America:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/coastal-edge-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com

Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment