Monday, April 20, 2015

Cezanne Returned by Contemporary Texas Artist Sally Fraser

 

                                     CEZANNE RETURNED  by Sally Fraser

Oil still life done in an impressionistic style. The apples, oranges and rich colors

reminded me of Cezanne . I once went to a Cezanne Art Exhibit in Houston, Texas some 20 years ago (visited this exhibit eight times) and couldn't get enough of the richness and brilliance of his work!   So I began doing copies of his work. This was painted during a Don Sahle workshop just recently and I found myself going full circle. Loved his use of applying heavy paint and painting fast. Of course , this is not close to Cezanne's amazing work but the aura is there.

Price for this 24 x 30 canvas is $550.

Contact sngfraser@gmail.com       More work at www.sallyfraserfineart.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment