Monday, October 6, 2014

"October Rhythms" Palette Knife Aspen Trees by Niki Gulley

"October Rhythms" ©2014 Niki Gulley
36" x 48" textured oil painting on gallery wrap canvas

I find being immersed in nature can have such an uplifting effect, and I wanted to share that feeling with you in October Rhythms. I chose pure, intense reds and yellows contrasted against autumn golds and chocolates to create an fall forest that vibrates with color, energy and sound. The repetition in the aspen trunks and foliage patterns, combined with the flickering tones of the breeze rustling the leaves reminded me of a symphony in the forest so I titled this painting October Rhythms.

If you're in the Dallas area this coming weekend and you'd like to see October Rhythms and more of my palette knife paintings in person, please stop by my studio as part of the White Rock Artists' Studio Tour.

White Rock Artists Studio Tour
Sat. Oct. 11 • 10am - 5pm
Sun. Oct. 12 • 10am - 5pm
To see more of my aspen and birch tree paintings, please visit nikigulley.com.

E-mail - Niki Gulley

No comments:

Post a Comment