Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Enjoyment with an Objective by Pamela Blaies

Charcoal Study
8" x 6"

Sometimes in the evening, I like to do studies with charcoal on paper for enjoyment. I'll draw my kids watching TV, my husband checking out his Ipad or my new puppy. I also have a collection of photos and interesting pictures I can refer to - always people. The beautiful thing about charcoal is that I can get out my supplies in seconds and do studies even while relaxing on the couch. It is fun, but with a purpose. The figure requires precise drawing and any drawing errors are immediately obvious, which helps to greatly improve my draftsmanship.

Here is a study I did the other night. Working to suggest blue eyes and blond hair in sunlight with a black stick - fun!

I love to share my art and inspiration. Sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment