Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hot Texas Summers by Pamela Blaies

Plein Air Painting in July

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.


I was happy to have such beautiful weather this past week so I could get outside to do some painting. This is a piece done en plein air of some red Knockout roses in my backyard garden. It takes until around 11 am for the sun to hit this rose bush, which made for a pretty hot painting session. I had to work fast to catch the right light, but that is the beauty of plein air painting - limited time forces you to focus on what is important to express your idea.


Red Rose Garden Plein Air
10" x 8"
oil on linen
Click HERE for more information on this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment