Friday, November 8, 2013

JOE No. 1



This is Joe* and the beginning of a new series.  I will paint Joe using different palettes, supports, etc. in order to explore his face.  I have used Joe's mug shot as inspiration for this project and look forward to seeing what happens.  In this painting I used a red ground and a limited palette of yellow ochre, flesh ochre, ivory black and titanium black, similar to the Zorn palette 

I want to thank all those who emailed me to inquire why I wasn't posting.  Nothing major, just needed a break from the computer.  I've been painting and destroying and painting more.  In addition I am getting new eyes - yep, it's a miracle!  My eyes have cataracts to be removed. My right is finished and has 20/20 vision and surgery for my left eye is next week.  I've worn glasses or contacts since 3rd grade and now will not need them.  What a wonderful time in which we live!!!

Happy to be back posting and looking at all the wonderful art that y'all create and post!

*Joe is not his real name.  I named him Joe because I like that name and it just didn't seem right not to have him named in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment