Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Purple Plenitude Pansies of Park City by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


Purple Plenitude Pansies
by Nancy Medina
10X8
Oil on Archival Panel



Purple Plenitude Pansies was a painting inspired by the flowers blooming in riotous color and wild abandon in downtown Park City, Utah last week. Cold mountain air is conducive to brilliant blooms, it seems, though my own back yard is still producing quite a few blossoms, thanks to a very mild summer. This is the third entry for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge on Leslie Saeta's blog this month. My own garden is producing hundreds of late bloomers, thanks to a very mild North Texas summer. Visit my art blog today to see an image of my favorite back yard flower, the morning glory, taken today with my four-footed puggy assistants nearby.

I am honored to have been invited to serve as the demonstration artist for the September 11 meeting of a very talented group of artists, the Mid-Cities Fine Artists, in Hurst, Texas. I hope you will join us for a fun evening of painting and talking about art and become an MCFA member while you're at it!  Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment