Thursday, September 5, 2013

Heat of the Night White Roses by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


Heat of the Night White Roses
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel



Heat of the Night White Roses is my fourth painting for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge by Leslie Saeta. I was watching one of my favorite sci-fi movies on global warming while painting these roses, so was inspired to infuse a bit of orange into the background. The fans are going full blast here in the studio, since we are under a heat advisory in North Texas again today. I'm a bit baffled by my garden. Normally a cool weather flower, the morning glories are in full and glorious bloom. I've shared a photo of my garden with you today on my art blog, along with a little back yard angel who watches over us.



The studio models take a bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment