Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 6 of the Challenge and an Artwork Giveway ~ Roses Turn by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


 Roses Turn by Nancy Medina
Palette Knife/Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
14X14




 Roses Turn is my sixth entry in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. I felt the need to loosen up a bit in the final day of the fresh white roses in my studio, so I broke out the palette knife to put the final chunks of bright color on the canvas! I received a special delivery email today from Nancy Capra, a professional photographer and accomplished artist - containing a photo of a very special visitor to the workshop I taught in Irving in August! Billa the pug and her mom, Sarah, stopped by at lunchtime and gave us all a lesson in fashion, check out Billa's neon zebra print harness and her lovely brindle coat - even a Texas puggy has to look her best when she steps out on the town! Billa's mom is a successful jewelry designer and I've collected more than a few of her awesome necklaces for myself!

Tomorrow morning I'll be announcing the first of five artwork winners during the 30 day challenge. Check out my facebook page for a chance to take home a prize!


No comments:

Post a Comment