Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 10 ~ Plums and Hollyhocks by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


Plums and Hollyhocks
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel



Sometimes when you get stuck, it helps to set the painting aside and come back to it another day. These pink hollyhocks were being truculent and a bit argumentative yesterday. Today they yielded to the pinks and pale blue hues. This is painting number 10 in the 30 in 30 Challenge by the talented Leslie Saeta. Tomorrow I am giving an art demo for the Mid-Cities Fine Arts group, then back to the studio to produce painting number 11, along with a new four foot aspen commission. No pressure or anything....!

We were celebrating in Flower Mound Studio, with a visit from a dear friend Virginia Smith, and the grand finish of the four foot custom container garden for a client in Florida. If someone had told me when I was 16 years old that someday I would grow up and be an artist, I would never have believed them. It took me a while, but at last, 35 years later, here I am! I love my new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment